- According to Mike Garafolo, did speak to a few teams about a potential trade for veteran WR Jeremy Maclin, but they never approached him about taking a pay cut before releasing him (NFLTR) on Friday.
- Joel Corry mentions that releasing veteran OLB Tamba Hali wasn’t an option for the Chiefs, considering that $5.75M of his 2017 base salary is already fully guaranteed.
- Corry adds that Maclin will be getting a prorated portion of his $250,000 workout bonus based on the workouts he completed.
- Maclin had already taken over the top spot in our Top 50 Available Free Agents list.
- According to Rich Cimini, S Calvin Pryor’s attitude “soured” people in the Jets’ organization and the feeling was that he had an “inflated opinion of himself.”
- Beyond that, the Jets thought Pryor didn’t buy into HC Todd Bowles’ program and wanted him out of their locker room as soon as possible.
Seahawks HC Pete Carroll was asked about the recent ESPN report regarding a divide in the team’s locker room.
Carroll downplayed any issues and said the locker room is in “great shape.”
“We’re living as a family in this situation,” Carroll said, via ESPN.com. “These guys have grown up with us as football players. And in that, we go through a lot of changes, and there are a lot of things that happen. There’s a lot of challenges in all directions — not just for one guy, but for all of our guys.
“And in that, I know I’m dedicated. I’m dedicated to making progress as we go. That doesn’t mean everything’s always going ahead exactly as you planned. Sometimes there’s setbacks and challenges. As a matter of fact, if you don’t count on that, you don’t understand. So we’re in great shape. This locker room’s in great shape.”