Cowboys owner Jerry Jones tells Jarrett Bell of USA Today that he won’t sue the NFL over Roger Goodell’s contract, but he wants “accountability.”
“This is not about replacing Roger,” Jones said. “It’s a misnomer to say it’s payback for Ezekiel Elliott. It is about the accountability of the commissioner to all of the ownership.”
“My position is that the owners expect me to be the ombudsman for them, as to this committee,” Jones said, alluding to his allies. “No one has the NFL’s best interest in mind more than me, and I’m doing what I was asked to do by the owners. I don’t see how you can be disciplined for that.”
- According to Dan Duggan, Giants’ DEs Jason Pierre-Paul and Oliver Vernon are expected to play in Week 12, while MLB Calvin Munson is questionable and LB B.J. Goodson “likely” will not play.
- Duggan adds that Kelvin Sheppard will likely play at middle linebacker in Goodson’s absence.
- Giants HC Ben McAdoo said WR Sterling Shepard is “not feeling well,” and the team is re-evaluating him to discover all possible reasons for his migraine symptoms. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Art Stapleton reports that the Giants are “expect to start” RG Jon Halapio in place of D.J. Fluker (toe) for Thursday night’s game against Washington.
- Redskins C Chase Roullier underwent hand surgery on his broken hand on Monday and believes he will miss “two weeks” with the injury. (Matthew Paras)
- Roullier added that he sustained the broken hand during Sunday’s game against the Saints, but continued playing through the injury. (Matthew Paras)
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer confirmed on Tuesday that QB Case Keenum will continue starting. (Chris Tomasson)
- Zimmer added: “The thing I like about Case is he’s got big balls.” (Mark Craig)