Home / Colts / NFL Notes: Colts, Cowboys, Jaguars, Jets, & Lions
NFL Notes: Colts, Cowboys, Jaguars, Jets, & Lions
- Mike Wells of ESPN believes the Colts largest needs are an offensive lineman and a pass rusher this offseason.
- Wells writes that only LT Anthony Castonzo and G Jack Mewhort are safe among the offensive line to be a part of the team in 2016.
- Todd Archer of ESPN does not like the idea of the Cowboys pursuing quarterbacks Johnny Manziel or Robert Griffin III.
- Archer believes the Cowboys should re-work CB Brandon Carr‘s contract to a short-term deal where he is making less money. As of now, Carr is set to make $9 million while carrying a cap figure of $13.8 million in 2016.
- Kimberley A. Martin reports that Falcons special teams coordinator Keith Armstrong will not leave Atlanta for a job with the Jets.
- According to Martin, Jets HC Todd Bowles requested to interview Armstrong last season, but was denied by Atlanta.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN believes the Jets will re-sign QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, due to his rapport with receivers Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker.
- On top of that, Cimini mentions that Fitzpatrick is also a key mentor to QB Bryce Petty.
- Michael Rothstein of ESPN writes that HC Jim Caldwell‘s future with the team is in new GM Bob Quinn‘s hands.
- According to Rothstein, the Lions could benefit from Bengals OC Hue Jackson not yet interviewing for any openings should they elect to look for a new head coach. However, he believes the smart move in the end could be sticking with Caldwell.
- Rothstein expects Ameer Abdullah to be the team’s lead back in 2016, while Zach Zenner will get action as a change-of-pace back and Theo Riddick having a larger role on passing downs.
Tags Ameer Abdullah Anthony Castonzo Bernard Pierce Bob Quinn Brandon Carr Brandon Marshall Bryce Petty David Caldwell Denard Robinson Eric Decker Gus Bradley Jack Mewhort Jim Caldwell Johnny Manziel Jonas Gray Keith Armstrong Robert Griffin III Ryan Fitzpatrick T.J. Yeldon Theo Riddick Toby Gerhart Todd Bowles Zach Zenner