Home / Jets / NFL Notes: Jets, Redskins, Vikings
NFL Notes: Jets, Redskins, Vikings
- Rich Cimini mentions that LSU S Jamal Adams is considered to be one of the safest players in this year’s draft. Cimini adds that the Jets love Adams, but it’s unlikely he’ll be available to them at No. 6 overall.
- Cimini believes the pressure is on GM Mike Maccagnan this year and he may have to find three immediate contributors with his first four picks.
- Cimini considers Alabama TE O.J. Howard to be a “once-in-a-decade” type of talent and wouldn’t have any issues with the team using their first-round pick on him.
- Even after re-signing restricted free agent RB Chris Thompson on Friday, John Keim writes that the Redskins will continue to look for running back help.
- As for what the Redskins could be looking for, Keim mentions that they would like to find a more dynamic back who could be a starter for them and supplement Rob Kelley.
- Keim suggests Stanford’s Christian McCaffrey and Florida State’s Dalvin Cook as two running backs who could tempt Washington at No. 17 overall.
- According to Keim, restricted free agent LB Will Compton is expected to sign his restricted tender at some point in the near future.
- Matt Vensel of the Star Tribune writes that the Vikings need to add some depth at both wide receiver and tight end in this year’s draft after they lost Cordarrelle Patterson, Charles Johnson and Rhett Ellison in free agency.
- Overall, Vensel considers these to be moderate needs for Minnesota, given that they don’t need a starter at either position, but could use depth at both positions.
- Vensel lists South Florida WR Rodney Adams, Louisiana Tech WR Carlos Henderson, Virginia Tech TE Bucky Hodges, Ohio State WR Curtis Samuel, and Florida International’s TE Jonnu Smith as some names worth keeping an eye on for later this week.
Tags Bucky Hodges Carlos Henderson Chris Thompson Christian McCaffrey Curtis Samuel Dalvin Cook Jamal Adams Jonnu Smith Mike Maccagnan O.J. Howard t Rob Kelley Rodney Adams will compton