Home Bears NFL Notes: Jim Harbaugh, Giants, Vikings
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that criticism of Michigan HC Jim Harbaugh is becoming more pointed in the wake of Saturday’s loss at Wisconsin and the overriding question now is how much longer will he remain in Ann Arbor?
- Florio says that rumors and speculation have linked Harbaugh to the Bears and Colts, but he still thinks it’s premature to consider the possibility of Michigan firing Harbaugh.
- Even so, Florio adds that “a nagging sense has lingered that Harbaugh will at some point return to the NFL.”
- Ian Rapoport spoke to several sources about the meeting the Giants had this past week who said that it was a “very real” and “passionate” meeting in which HC Ben McAdoo called out players for a lack of effort.
- Rapoport adds that McAdoo told the team that this is his “dream job” and he’s prepared to fight to prove the doubters wrong over the remainder of the season.
- While McAdoo criticized the team, he also admitted that he has made mistakes and has to do a better job moving forward.
- As for WR Sterling Shepard, Rapoport reports that he is dealing with migraines.
- A team official tells Tom Pelissero of NFL Media, “the longer Teddy [Bridgewater] waits, the better.”
Vikings HC Mike Zimmer has made it clear that Bridgewater wouldn’t be active if he was unable to play, but he also wasn’t happy with the two interceptions Case Keenum threw last week.
Keenum has played well enough to keep the job, but Pelissero spoke to Vikings RB Jerick McKinnon, who admitted: “We never know what could happen.“