Home Browns NFL Notes: Jimmy Garoppolo, Browns, Buccaneers, Seahawks, Steelers
- According to Mike Garafolo of NFL Media, the expectation right now is that QB Jimmy Garoppolo will not be traded by the Patriots. Although, Garafolo admits that this could change if a team were to blow New England away with a trade offer in the coming days.
- A source somewhat connected to the situation tells Garafolo that the Patriots most likely want first-round picks in 2017 and 2018 for Garoppolo. With such a high asking price right now, Garafolo admits that no one expects a team to offer that much for Garoppolo right now, but it’s possible that they could move him for something less, such as the Browns’ No. 12 overall pick and another selection in 2018.
- Mike Silver of NFL Media named Ravens RT Ricky Wagner, Bengals G Kevin Zeitler and Patriots ILB Dont’a Hightower as possible targets for the Browns in free agency, assuming they reach the open market. (Marc Sessler)
- Greg Auman does not get the sense that veteran free agent WR Vincent Jackson is in the Buccaneers’ immediate plans for the 2017 season.
- However, Auman could see him returning if Tampa Bay is unable to find a replacement and if there’s isn’t a decent market for him.
- Auman reports that the Buccaneers are not tendering a contract to exclusive rights free agent DE Howard Jones.
- Sheil Kapadia of ESPN reports that the Seahawks will not be tender contracts restricted free agents CB DeShawn Shead or LB Brock Coyle.
- According to Bob Condotta, the Seahawks want to re-sign Shead and will “undoubtedly” make an offer to him. As for Coyle, they’re not expected expected to tender him a contract.