- Matt Miller reports that Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon is expected to go undrafted, despite declaring for the 2017 NFL Draft on Thursday.
- Miller says that NFL teams are scared off because the video contradicts Mixon’s argument that he was the victim.
- Chick Hernandez reports that former Jets and Bills HC Rex Ryan won’t be in the market for a defensive coordinator job after he was recently fired.
- Instead, Hernandez says that Ryan plans on doing TV next year while waiting for another head-coaching job.
- Todd Archer points out that while Cowboys suspended DE Randy Gregory is under contract through the 2018 season, he will not earn an accrued season for this year, due to his suspension.
- This means that Gregory will be an exclusive rights free agent after the 2018 season and a restricted free agent in 2019, should he be reinstated by the NFL.
- Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill told reporters on Friday that it’s unclear if he’ll need to undergo surgery for his knee injury.
- Mike Garafolo mentions that just because Tannehill’s ACL wasn’t fully torn doesn’t mean there’s cause for celebration.
Johnson’s agent, Ken Sarnoff released the following statement regarding the lawsuit:
“Today, Lane filed a Complaint and Motion to Vacate the arbitration award concerning his 10 game suspension. Lane feels very strongly that justice was not served in this matter and that a Federal Court Judge should review the facts and make an informed determination.”