NFL Notes: Johnathan Hankins, Quarterbacks, Draft, Seahawks
- According to Dan Graziano, the contract signed by Colts DT Johnathan Hankins includes $10 million fully guaranteed at signing.
- Hankins receives a $3 million salary and a $7 million roster bonus in 2017, all fully guaranteed.
- In 2018, Hankins gets a $7.5 million base salary of which $4.5 million becomes guaranteed at some point early in the 2018 league year.
- Hankins’ 2019 base salary is $8 million and is not guaranteed.
- The total value of his contract comes out to $27 million over three years to go along with another $3 million available in incentives based on his playing time, sacks and Pro Bowl selections.
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that there is still a debate going around the NFL about who the No. 1 quarterback prospect is in this year’s draft class between Mitch Trubisky, Deshaun Watson, and Patrick Mahomes.
- One executive, however, tells Cole that he considers Trubisky to be the only quarterback to worthy of a first-round pick and not very high in the round at that.
- In the end, the executive expects other quarterbacks to be drafted in the first round, but this will just apply more pressure to players with “extreme flaws.“
- The 49ers recently hosted LSU S Jamal Adams on a pre-draft visit. (Ian Rapoport)
- Utah OT Garett Bolles completed an official visit with the Texans on Monday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Alabama LB Reuben Foster will visit with the Ravens on Tuesday. (Ian Rapoport)
- ECU WR Zay Jones is visiting the Titans on Tuesday. (Jeff Darlington)
- The Redskins have scheduled a pre-draft visit with N.C. State S Josh Jones for Tuesday. (Adam Caplan)
- Sheil Kapadia reports that DE Dion Jordan‘s one-year contract with the Seahawks is worth $640,000 and includes no guaranteed money.
- Kapadia adds that Jordan will have a $615,000 base salary to go along with a $25,000 workout bonus.
Tags Deshaun Watson Dion Jordan Garett Bolles Jamal Adams Johnathan Hankins Josh Jones Mitch Trubisky Patrick Mahomes Zay Jones