Broncos OLB Von Miller mentioned that if the decision were up to him, the Broncos would have already signed QB Johnny Manziel.
“If I had to make my decision on it, he would already be with the Broncos” Miller said, via Travis Brown of MyAggieNation.com. “But we’ve got guys in the front office that make those decisions, and they’ve put us in the championship with those decisions.”
“I can’t wait,” Richardson said. “I feel like I did when I left home from high school to go to college. To me, it’s about earning an opportunity that they gave him. I’m in a position to earn a spot on the team, a chance to actually be that guy. I know there’s going to be a lot of competition. I know there’s going to be a lot of fighting among ourselves, but we’re all out there for the same thing. We all want to try and get better, we all want to be that guy. But at the same time, I’m coming in and I’m ready to work.”
Richardson added that he still has a lot to prove and plans to give it his all.
“I’ve got a lot to prove to myself,” Richardson said. “It’s not about everybody else this time, it’s about me. I’m really giving it my all. It’s enough talk. We’ve been doing a lot of talking. Now it’s just time to put up.”
According to Charles Robinson, the talk of the Browns, Cowboys, 49ers, Eagles, and Rams possibly trading up to No. 1 overall is “BS right now.”
- Ian Rapoport reports that Clemson CB Mackensie Alexander is visiting the 49ers on Saturday and the Rams on Monday.
- Patriots HC Bill Belichick worked out Maryland CB/FS Sean Davis on Friday and watched film with him after the session. (Ian Rapoport)
- Purdue CB Frankie Williams tweets that he worked out for the Lions and is scheduled to meet with the Buccaneers next week.
- The Texans are working out Utah State QB Chuckie Keeton and Angelo State QB Kyle Washington on Saturday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Northwestern State OT Pace Murphy is also working out for the Texans today. (Aaron Wilson)
- Alcorn State QB John Gibbs is among those working out for the Texans today. (Aaron Wilson)