- According to Alex Marvez, the NFL has confirmed that RB Jonathan Dwyer is free to sign with a team, but there is discipline “pending” after his guilty plea for misdemeanor disorderly conduct.
- Matt Maoicco reports that the 49ers have spoken to free-agent CB Chris Cook about returning, but they haven’t had any recent conversations.
According to Florio, Suh’s base salaries become fully guaranteed if he’s on the roster on the fifth day of each league year.
- On the fifth day of the 2018 league year, $16.985 million becomes fully guaranteed.
- On the fifth day of the 2019 league year, $18.985 million becomes fully guaranteed.
- On the fifth day of the 2020 league year, $18.36 million becomes fully guaranteed.
- Michael Rothstein considers the idea of the Lions trying to sign free agent DE Greg Hardy to be “very, very, very, very unlikely.“
- Rothstein fully expects the Lions to sign a cornerback, but admits the longer they wait, the more likely Rashean Mathis is back for another season.
- Rob Demovsky writes that it wouldn’t be a surprise to see the Packers get a long-term deal done with DL Mike Daniels before the start of this season.
- Demovsky considers the odds of the Packers picking up OLB Nick Perry‘s fifth-year option to be unlikely.
- Demovsky doesn’t rule out Clay Matthews seeing time at inside linebacker again next year, but adds that it will likely come down to what they do in the draft.
- Aaron Wilson reports that Coastal Carolina OL Chad Hamilton has a private workout this morning with the Texans.