Wyoming QB Josh Allen explained part of his decision to return came after a conversation with Eagles QB Carson Wentz, who explained that he needs to be mentally prepared to set into a locker room and lead veteran players at the NFL level.
“He told me, ‘You’re stepping into a locker room with 30-year-old guys and if you’re not mentally ready, it’s just going to eat you alive’,” Allen said, via NFL.com. “I couldn’t picture myself at 20 years old last year, going into a locker room after starting only one season of college football, having those (NFL) guys look to me, follow me, trust me. That’s the reason I decided to go back.”
- Tony Pauline of Draftanalyst.com writes that Wyoming QB Josh Allen “took a big hit” with his play during Tuesday’s Senior Bowl practice. Pauline mentions that NFL teams have been “crushing” Allen and feel he’s “a long way from being NFL ready.”
- UTSA edge rusher Marcus Davenport looked the part on Tuesday and teams like him as both a defensive end and 3-4 outside linebacker, according to Pauline.
- The Seahawks were reportedly “very complimentary” of Nevada OL Austin Corbett during Tuesday’s practice.
- Sources have told Pauline that NFL teams like Nebraska QB Tanner Lee for his arm strength, physical tools and the fact that he came across well in interviews.
- Tom Pelissero reports that Fort Hays State DT Nathan Shepherd suffered a broken hand in practice on Wednesday.
“In 2013, I had the first pick in the draft with the Kansas City Chiefs, and there really wasn’t a quarterback prospect there,” Dorsey told Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com. “Actually in this class there are four to five prospects that make you think at least are they worthy of that position. So now I think what you do is you let the process unfold.”
Dorsey stressed that winning is among the top criteria for a quarterback in his eyes.
“Do they win?” Dorsey said. “Do they have the physical skills necessary to play that position? Do they have a strong arm? Do they have deep ball accuracy? Do they have feet? Can they extend a play? Are they a leader of men? We could go on and on, but at the end of the day it’s about winning.”
- The Browns announced Wednesday that they’ve hired Freddie Kitchens as their running backs/associate head coach.
- Vaughn McClure reports that Falcons WR Justin Hardy underwent surgery on his right shoulder and is expected to miss a “few weeks.” McClure adds that the procedure wasn’t anything major.