Wyoming QB Josh Allen explained in an interview with the Denver Post that he initially made the decision to enter the 2017 NFL Draft, but later changed his mind after speaking with head coach Craig Bohl.
“My head coach called me and he said, ‘Here, I’m going to have you speak to an NFL GM.’ The NFL GM called me and said, blah, blah, blah, and this and that,” Allen said. “I called (Wyoming) coach (Craig) Bohl back and he said, ‘Here, I’m going to get you another GM.’ And I said, ‘Coach, that’s not necessary, I’m going to come back to school and play another year for you.”
Franchise Tag Deadline
- The NFL announced that they officially moved the deadline back to sign franchise players to Monday, July 17 from Saturday, July 15, according to Adam Schefter.
- This primarily impacts negotiations with Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell and Redskins QB Kirk Cousins.
Jimmy Kempski of PhillyVoice takes a look at five Eagles players who did not impress during offseason workouts this spring.
- Kempski’s list includes fifth-round WR Shelton Gibson, DE Marcus Smith, RB Wendell Smallwood, WR Dorial Green-Beckham, and DL Alex McCalister.
- According to Kempski, Gibson struggled to catch passes in practice and may have a tough time making the 53-man roster coming out of the preseason.
- Smith made a strange decision to skip voluntary workouts and was working as the team’s fourth-string defensive end once he reported to the team. By skipping OTAs, Kempski says “he pretty much guaranteed his exit from the team.“
- As for Smallwood, he has seen his reps decrease this year due to the presence of rookie Donnel Pumphrey.