- Jason La Canfora reports that former Giants K Josh Brown is eligible to receive termination pay of $720,480 after being released earlier in the week.
- La Canfora mentions that the CBA allows Brown to still be eligible for termination pay and he was set to make roughly $72,000 per game while on the commissioner’s exempt list.
- La Canfora reports that the NFL is continuing to investigate Brown’s case despite him being not being on an NFL roster.
- In regards to a return to the NFL, La Canfora says it’s “virtually certain” Brown won’t get another shot in the NFL.
- Jordan Raanan writes that re-signing LB Keenan Robinson should be an offseason priority for the Giants. According to Raanan, the Giants have been impressed with him and there’s a good chance they work out an extension next year.
- Raanan expects the Giants to consider expanding rookie RB Paul Perkins‘ role to improve their rushing attack.
- Adam Schefter, citing league sources, reports that Texans QB Brock Osweiler is struggling with his confidence right now.
- Schefter spoke with NFL executives and coaches who have watched Osweiler play who agree he’s lost his confidence and it is clearly affecting his play. A source tells Schefter that Osweiler’s inaccuracy is a direct result of his lack of assurance in his abilities.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Texans owner Bob McNair and GM Rick Smith still believe in Osweiler and plan to be patient with Osweiler.
- According to Rapoport, the Texans aren’t discussing a quarterback job and nothing is considered imminent at this point.
- Rapoport says that the Texans want Osweiler to relax and focus on getting the ball to play-makers like DeAndre Hopkins.
“Nothing broken or torn,” Caplan’s source said of Murray’s results. “He’s good. It’s (toe) sore and day to day. Long weekend off should help.”