- Mike Freeman of B/R writes that while suspended Browns WR Josh Gordon will be able to reapply for reinstatement this fall, he doesn’t think the NFL will reinstate him this year.
- Freeman stresses that he isn’t reporting this, but is instead basing this off of what the league has done in the past.
- According to Freeman, the NFL still doesn’t trust Gordon and it’s unlikely that a few months will change their opinion, which means he could be looking at another missed season.
- The Buffalo Bills announced that they’ve hired Cardinals executive Malik Boyd as Director of Pro Personnel.
- Mike Klis of 9 News writes that C.J. Anderson is still the favorite to be the Broncos’ No. 1 running back this season.
- Klis puts the odds of veteran RB Jamaal Charles making the 53-man roster at “50-50.“
- Depending on how Charles looks this summer, Klis mentions that Devontae Booker and De’Angelo Henderson could end up competing for the No. 3 job.
Redskins franchise QB Kirk Cousins mentioned that he feels as though he’s “in a good place right now” in regards to his contract situation.
“I like Coach Jay Gruden’s quote [on Monday] where he said, ‘I’m not really worried about it because we got him for this year and that’s really all that matters,’” said Cousins, via Redskins.com. “That’s the way I’ve always felt. There are so many guys on this team on one-year deals. Even if it says it’s a three or four-year contract, really the only guarantees are this year. Many of us are playing on one-year deals. I’m not the only one and we’re not going to have careers if we don’t have a great year this year, so we all don’t look much further than this season.”