Home Browns NFL Notes: Josh Gordon, DeMarco Murray, Buccaneers, Packers
- TMZ Sports reports that Browns WR Josh Gordon is involved in a “nasty” child support battle and there’s at least a chance he could face jail time.
- According to the report, the mother of Gordon’s three-year-old daughter, Christina Lockhart, recently secured a court order forcing Gordon to pay $6,765 per month starting August 1, but her lawyer says she has not received the payment.
- Gordon’s attorney claims in court docs that he won’t get his first paycheck until September 9.
- If Gordon doesn’t make the payments, he would face up to 30 days in jail for the first violation, 60 days for the second violation and 90 days for the third.
- Barry Horn reports that reports that Fox is set to hire free agent RB DeMarco Murray as a college football analyst for the upcoming season.
- Murray announced a few months ago that he was retiring from the NFL. (NFLTR)
- Jenna Laine reports that Buccaneers DT Stevie Tu’ikolovatu suffered a torn tricep and will require surgery, which explains why he was waived with an injury designation on Thursday.
- Tom Pelissero reports that Packers RB Jamaal Williams is “fine” after leaving last night’s preseason game with a minor ankle sprain.
- According to Rob Demovsky, Packers WR Jake Kumerow avoided a serious shoulder injury and is just dealing with a sprained SC joint that should heal relatively quickly.
- Demovsky also reports that Packers G Justin McCray sustained only a calf contusion