“I do believe the Browns are a big part of Josh getting reinstated,” Rosenhaus said. “I really do think that the Browns are committed to Josh and want to see him succeed.”
- Dolphins HC Adam Gase said that first-round OL Laremy Tunsil will be moved around with first and second teams this summer. However, Armando Salguero expects Tunsil to start at left guard for Miami this year.
- Gase said he hasn’t received any status updates regarding suspended DE/OLB Dion Jordan from the NFL. (Armando Salguero)
- Following the news that second-round CB Xavien Howard will be placed on their PUP list, Salguero mentions that if the Dolphins aren’t at least discussing veteran CB Antonio Cromartie, something is wrong.
- Falcons HC Dan Quinn said what’s best for the team is using Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman in unison. Although, Quinn added that Freeman is definitely capable of handling a full load. (Vaughn McClure)
- Quinn added he has been in contact with free agent OLB O’Brien Schofield and said he likes the shape Schofield is in. However, Quinn isn’t sure about re-signing Schofield just yet. (Vaughn McClure)
- GM Thomas Dimitroff told reporters that they would not consider bringing in free agent RB Ray Rice. (Vaughn McClure)
- Rich Cimini of ESPN writes that the Jets need to re-sign QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, but there’s still a point where they’ll have to move on without him.
- According to Cimini, if a deal is not reached by the start of training camp on Wednesday, it’s possible the stalemate could continue into the preseason.
- Cimini says that the next date to watch is August 13, which is two days after their first preseason game. Cimini believes Fitzpatrick could afford to miss one game, but not two, as he’d be too far behind.
- One other aspect to watch if the two sides can’t reach an agreement, Cimini mentions that the Jets could look to sign a veteran backup.