NFL Notes: Josh Gordon, Laquon Treadwell, Draft, & Dolphins
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that citing a source within the Browns’ organization, reports that the team’s management plans to allow the situation involving suspended WR Josh Gordon to play out in the coming months.
- However, Cole’s source said that there is “very little faith” from the Browns that Gordon will get his issues under control long term and return as a productive player.
- Cole adds that even in the event he does turn things around, it’s still “highly unlikely” that the Browns would be willing got sign him to a long-term contract.
- Tony Pauline of WalterFootball.com reports that several teams are not buying the reports of Ole Miss WR Laquon Treadwell dropping down draft boards and being the No. 2 receiver in the draft. .
- Pauline mentions that no one ever believed that Treadwell was going to be a vertical receiver in the NFL, and instead view him as a “game-controlling wideout.”
- Sources have told Pauline that the Giants continue to show “strong interest” in Treadwell, and he is a possibility for them at No. 10 overall.
- Ohio State QB Cardale Jones is visiting the Cardinals on Wednesday. (Mike Jurecki)
- Ohio State S Vonn Bell mentioned that he has visited with or worked out for the Vikings, Bills, Falcons, Steelers, Buccaneers, Jaguars, and Rams. (Sirius XM NFL Radio)
- San Diego State WR Jemond Hazely is working out for the Chargers on Thursday at their local prospect day. (Aaron Wilson)
- Armando Salguero reports that the Dolphins are showing “major interest” in Clemson LB B.J Goodson, who has either visited or will be visiting with the team.
- Salguero adds that the Dolphins are also hosting Clemson DE Kevin Dodd for a visit this week.
- Rand Getlin reports that Cal TE Stephen Anderson has a visit scheduled with the Dolphins for next week.
Tags B.J. Goodson Cardale Jones Jemond Hazely Josh Gordon Kevin Dodd Laquon Treadwell Stephen Anderson Vonn Bell