Home / Browns / NFL Notes: Josh Gordon, London & Seahawks
NFL Notes: Josh Gordon, London & Seahawks
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that while Browns Hall of Fame RB Jim Brown is optimistic about suspended WR Josh Gordon being reinstated, the reality is that no knows what will happen in the coming months.
- Florio points out that Gordon’s status hinges on compliance with a specific treatment plan. Beyond that, the decision to reinstate Gordon ultimately comes down to commissioner Roger Goodell.
- According to Florio, it’s possible that Gordon could just be a pawn in a power play between the NFL and the Players Association over Goodell’s say in disciplinary matters.
- According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, there has been a lot of talk around the NFL about a potential London franchise.
- La Canfora writes that Mark Waller, who is in charge of the league’s international efforts, gave a presentation at the recent owners meeting that led many teams to come away more convinced than ever that the NFL “very much” wants to have a team in London.
- Some of the concerns with a London franchise include player compensation and recruiting both players and free agents. However, La Canfora says that neither appear to be a deal breaker.
- The big concern, according to La Canfora, is how they would handle a London team making the playoffs and possibly playing a West Coast team.
- Even with the level of interest, La Canfora says that there’s nothing imminent with a team in London and we’re likely years away from this being a serious option.
Tags Allen Hurns Doug Baldwin Josh Gordon