Home / Browns / NFL Notes: Josh Norman, Browns, Cardinals, & Panthers
NFL Notes: Josh Norman, Browns, Cardinals, & Panthers
- Jason La Canfora spoke to some rival executives about the Panthers’ decision to rescind the franchise tag from CB Josh Norman and they suggested that the move have came from owner Jerry Richardson simply because he became fed up with Norman and his demands.
- Sources mentioned to La Canfora that the Raiders, Jaguars, Titans and Buccaneers could all be landing spots for Norman.
- A front office source from a team drafting in the top 10 tells Josina Anderson of Norman: “Intriguing but expensive. Not great that his own team let him go free.”
- Mary Kay Cabot reports that the Eagles were the only bidders for the Browns No. 2 overall pick, but Cleveland did have some preliminary discussions with other teams in the top 10.
- Cabot expects the Browns to now urn their attention to the second-tier quarterback prospects in the draft, such as Memphis’ Paxton Lynch, Michigan State’s Connor Cook and Penn State’s Christian Hackenberg.
- According to Cabot, it’s also possible the Browns grab a quarterback at No. 15 if they were to trade down further with the Titans, who are reportedly looking to get back into the top 10.
- Cardinals S Tony Jefferson said Wednesday he came “close” to signing with a “few” teams as a restricted free agent before returning to Arizona. (Josh Weinfuss)
- Jason La Canfora expects the Panthers to announce a new contract extension for DT Kawann Short shortly.
- Beyond that, La Canfora mentions that removing the franchise tag from Josh Norman also frees more cap room to extend DT Star Lotulelei as well in the even they don’t want him to play out the year under his fifth-year option.
Tags Christian Hackenberg Connor Cook Jerry Richardson Josh Norman Kawann Short Paxton Lynch Star Lotulelei Tony Jefferson