- The Cowboys announced Thursday that veteran LB Keith Rivers is retiring from the NFL after seven seasons split among the Bengals, Giants and Bills.
Bills owner Terry Pegula mentioned that there’s really no hurry to build a new stadium at this point in time.
“The only answer to that question is the state and county, there’s been a lot of money put into Ralph Wilson Stadium,” Pegula said, via the Buffalo News. “We’re in no hurry. We realize that if that work was just done, how foolish would you look if you start looking around for a new stadium when we’ve just renovated the one we have? We have time. We have an existing lease on the current stadium.”
- Cowboys placed RB Darren McFadden on the active/PUP list with a hamstring injury. (Rainer Sabin)
- Cowboys also placed MLB Rolando McClain on the active/PUP list.
- Ravens CB Lardarius Webb failed a conditioning test, and isn’t cleared to participate in the team’s camp practices. (Clifton Brown)
- Titans HC Ken Whisenhunt has confirmed No. 2 overall pick Marcus Mariota is the team’s start quarterback. (Jim Wyatt)
- Titans WR Justin Hunter reported for the start of training camp on Thursday, despite a pending legal matter. (Paul Kuharsky)