Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: Kirk Cousins, Browns, Falcons, Texans, Titans
NFL Notes: Kirk Cousins, Browns, Falcons, Texans, Titans
- Joel Corry mentions that if the 49ers do, in fact, end up hiring Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan, it could force the Redskins to use the exclusive franchise tag on QB Kirk Cousins to ensure San Francisco doesn’t make a run at him.
- Corry doubts that the Redskins would get involved in a tag-and-trade scenario involving Cousins, considering that a franchise player hasn’t changed teams for two first-round picks in 20 years.
- Mary Kay Cabot reports that Browns new defensive coordinator Gregg Williams has hired his son, Blake Williams, as LBs coach and Jerod Kruse as assistants DBs coach.
- Falcons HC Dan Quinn told reporters on Monday that WR Julio Jones (foot) will be limited this week but will be “ready to rock” for Sunday’s game. (Ian Rapoport)
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien told reporters that it’s “too early to know” if QB Brock Osweiler will be the team’s starting quarterback in 2017, as there’s still a lot of evaluating to do. (Sarah Barshop)
- O’Brien said he wants them to re-sign CB A.J. Bouye and views him as one of the top cornerbacks in the NFL. “I can tell you we want A.J. Bouye back,” O’Brien said, per Aaron Wilson. “He’s one of us.”
- O’Brien of DC Romeo Crennel’s contract being up: “He’s done a great job. We would love to have him back.” (Aaron Wilson)
- In regards to DE J.J. Watt, O’Brien said: “He’s doing well. You can see him running and doing stuff in the weight room. Ahead of schedule.” (Aaron Wilson)
- O’Brien mentioned that there’s still no timetable for RT Derek Newton, who tore both patellar tendons against the Broncos. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Tennessee Titans announced Monday that they’ve hired Frisman Jackson as wide receivers coach and Craig Aukerman as assistant special teams coach.
Tags A.J. Bouye Blake Williams Brock Osweiler Craig Aukerman Dan Quinn Derek Newton Frisman Jackson Gregg Williams J. J. Watt Jerod Kruse Julio Jones Kirk Cousins Kyle Shanahan Romeo Crennel