- Albert Breer mentioned during an appearance on 92.3 The Fan that Redskins QB Kirk Cousins would “seriously consider” signing with the Browns if the right opportunity presented itself. (Kyle Kelly)
- In his Thursday article, Breer also tosses out the Jets, Jaguars, Browns, Broncos and Cardinals as teams to watch for Cousins this offseason.
- Cousins would be smart to invite cap rich teams like the Browns to show interest in him if he ends up reaching free agency, as it would only prop up his asking price.
- We have him featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
- Chris Widlic of CBS4 Indianapolis writes that it “looks like” former Colts HC Chuck Pagano decided to pass on the Ravens’ defensive coordinator position.
- Jason La Canfora says that Pagano is open to returning if the right opportunity presents itself.
Ravens RB Alex Collins admitted that he was “shocked” by the Seahawks’ decision to cut him last year.
“I was shocked. It definitely wasn’t my mindset,” Collins said during an appearance on PFT Live when asked about getting cut. “It was a lot to take in. Being cut, not knowing what was next, the next chapter in your life, so definitely there was a lot of confusion there and I was just discombobulated because I didn’t know what was next for me.”
Collins was asked if he feels confident about being the Ravens’ top running back next year, but he made it clear that he has no plans to get complacent.
“Not at all. I never want to get complacent,” Collins said. “I’ll always be trying to improve my game.”
- According to John Keim, Redskins RT Morgan Moses underwent surgery Wednesday on his ankle. Keim says that Moses does not need surgery on both ankles and his recovery time is still to be determined.