Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: Kirk Cousins, Draft, Browns, Colts
NFL Notes: Kirk Cousins, Draft, Browns, Colts
- A high-level personnel man tells Matt Miller that he doubts the 49ers will make a run at Redskins free agent QB Kirk Cousins because of the draft picks it would cost San Francisco and the salary Cousins will command as a free agent.
- Matt Miller of B/R spoke to one scout at the Senior Bowl who believes Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon will still be a second-round pick, despite being suspended for the 2014 season after he punched a female student in the face.
- A personnel director tells Miller that he has a first-round grade on Alabama’s Cam Robinson as a right tackle.
- A scout told Miller that has six first-round grades on running backs in this year’s draft class including: Leonard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, Christian McCaffrey, Joe Mixon, Alvin Kamara and D’Onta Foreman.
- While this year’s running back class is widely considered to be impressive, the overall depth of the class could actually prevent some guys like LSU’s Leonard Fournette from being drafted high in round one. One scout told Miller: “A lot of teams can wait and get Dalvin [Cook] later, so why draft Fournette early?“
- Miller continues to hear from people around the league that Florida CB Quincy Wilson is the top player at his position.
- Jason La Canfora reports that the Browns and executive Ron Hill have agreed to mutually part ways.
- Chris Hagen reports that Vikings assistant GM George Paton’s interview with the Colts went “extremely well.”
- Hagen adds that while Paton has turned down several recent opportunities, he would accept the Colts’ job if it was offered to him.
- According to Hagen, Paton has turned down as many as 10 different opportunities in the past few years.
Tags Alvin Kamara Cam Robinson Christian McCaffrey D'Onta Foreman Dalvin Cook George Paton Joe Mixon Kirk Cousins Leonard Fournette Quincy Wilson Ron Hill