Redskins franchise QB Kirk Cousins tells Peter King of TheMMQB.com that if Washington is willing to make a serious long-term commitment to him, then there’s nowhere else he would rather be.
“I want to be where I’m wanted, and that’s what I’ve said all along,” Cousins told King, via the Washington Post. “When a team is willing to step up and commit to me fully for the long haul, then why would I want to be anywhere else? I mean, this is an incredible fan base. It’s one of the top five fan bases in the history of the NFL. It goes all the way back to the early 1930s. There’s three Super Bowl trophies, there’s multiple Hall of Famers, there’s high character players still living in the area — Darrell Green, Art Monk, guys that we can learn from.
“I love this organization and want to see us get back to those glory days that they had with Coach [Joe] Gibbs in the ‘80s and early ‘90s. And I want to add to that great history. There’s really no reason to want to look elsewhere. It’s a matter of wanting to be where you’re wanted, and I think that’s what all of us want — not just in football but in any walk of life.”
- South Carolina State OT Javarius Leamon visited with the Broncos. (Mike Klis)
- Michigan FB Joe Bacci worked out for the Lions Wednesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Cincinnati RB Tion Green visited with the Colts, Lions, and Bengals. (Aaron Wilson)
- UNC-Pembroke K Matt Davis had private workouts with the Chargers, Colts, and Panthers as well as interest from the Packers, 49ers, Falcons, and Broncos. (Aaron Wilson)
- Indiana WR/PR Mitchell Paige worked out for or visited with the Colts, Chargers, 49ers, Patriots, and Falcons. (Aaron Wilson)
- Wisconsin DE/OLB T.J. Watt mentioned that he was set to visit with the Dolphins in recent weeks. (Barry Jackson)
- According to Jackson, the Dolphins had a private workout with Baylor C Kyle Fuller.
- Even so, Jackson says that Miami remains committed to Mike Pouncey, but they’re aware that they need a plan if his hip continues to be an issue for him.
- The Dolphins have reportedly shown interest in Alabama State RB Marquell Beckwith.
- Jeremy Fowler of ESPN lists Patrick Mahomes, DeShone Kizer, Josh Dobbs, Nate Peterman, Davis Webb and Jerod Evans as potential “upside-stash” quarterbacks worth considering for the Steelers.