Home / Browns / NFL Notes: Kirk Cousins, Giants, Jets, Titans
NFL Notes: Kirk Cousins, Giants, Jets, Titans
- John Keim of ESPN writes that it wouldn’t make sense for the Browns to trade for Redskins QB Kirk Cousins, should Washington use the franchise tag on him and look to deal him at the start of free agency.
- In regards to Cousins, Keim mentions that he could refuse to sign the franchise tender to force his way onto the open market and there’s a “good chance” he would file a grievance if tagged.
- As for the Browns, Keim does not think the team would acquire Cousins on the $34.5 million one-year fully guaranteed salary that would come with the franchise tag and they would instead be better off investing in another veteran quarterback who could mentor a rookie draft pick.
- Ryan Dunleavy writes that “all signs point” to the Giants making a run at signing Panthers free agent G Andrew Norwell, given that he’s considered to be the top lineman set to hit the open market.
- It’s worth mentioning that new GM Dave Gettleman has said that upgrading the offensive line will be a focus for them this offseason and he has obvious ties to Norwell from their time together in Carolina.
- Chad Forbes, citing a source within the Giants, reported earlier this week that the Giants plan to make Norwell the “highest paid guard NFL History” should he reach free agency.
- We have Norwell featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
- Jim Wyatt of the Titans’ official site believes special teams will continue to be a priority for the team this offseason.
- Wyatt writes that Titans RT Jack Conklin will need “plenty of time” to recover from his torn ACL injury and there’s a chance he could open training camp on the team’s physically unable to perform list.
- Regarding expectations for the Titans in 2018, Wyatt says “the playoffs and beyond” will be the expectation for Tennessee next season.
Tags Andrew Norwell Connor Barwin Dave Gettleman Jack Conklin Jeremy Hill Kirk Cousins patrick robinson Trey Burton Weston Richburg