“It’s good to be wanted,” Cousins said. “So hopefully down the road there will be people wanting me. But we’ll see how it all plays out. The unique thing about the franchise tag is if the Redskins choose to place that on me, then I’m pretty much off the market.
“So we’ll see what they choose to do come March 1. And the ball is in their court, along those lines…[and] I’ll react accordingly.”
Cousins, unlike some other players, has no issues playing out the season under the franchise tag.
“The franchise tag is a good amount of money, so I am not complaining,” Cousins said. “As my agent told me from Day One, the franchise tag is your friend.”
- Jets signed undrafted free agent LS Josh Latham to a contract. (Aaron Wilson)
Patriots owner Bob Kraft tells Mark Maske of the Washington Post that Bill Belichick can coach “as long as he wants.”
Kraft added that they have an agreement about Belichick’s future with the franchise but he won’t be retiring after this season.
“We have a pact that we don’t talk about that,” Kraft said. “He knows and I know. But he won’t be done this year.”
Kraft also spoke very highly of OC Josh McDaniels and said he’ll be a “serious candidiate” to take over for Belichick if he’s still with them at that point.
“He’s a terrifically skilled and gifted coach,” Kraft said Monday. “He’s very special and we like having him in our system. He’s definitely a serious candidate if he’s still with us, which I hope he is.”
- Multiple sources tell Vincent Bonsignore that the Raiders relocating to Las Vegas is “absolutely salvageable.”
- This contrasts with a report from earlier in the day that Raiders’ Las Vegas Deal “essentially dead.” (NFLTR)
- UCLA’s receivers coach Eric Yarber will be joining the Rams’ coaching staff under the same role. (Alden Gonzalez)
- Rams officially hired former Redskins assistant DBs coach Aubrey Pleasant as their new DBs coach. (Alden Gonzalez)