- Jason Cole of B/R mentions if/when the 49ers hire Kyle Shanahan as their next head coach, you can expect them to take a “long look” at acquiring Redskins QB Kirk Cousins, who previously worked with Shanahan in Washington.
- While the Redskins have shown interest in keeping Cousins long-term, Cole says that it’s going to be costly and possibly run them as much as $24 million per year on a long-term deal.
- The 49ers will have plenty of cap space to pay Cousins, but Cole mentions that trade compensation could end up being an issue.
- President-elect Donald Trump will name Jets owner Woody Johnson the ambassador to the United Kingdom.
- Ian Rapoport previously reported that the expectation is that Johnson will turn over day-to-day control of the team to someone else and resign from the NFL committees he’s currerntly serving on.
- Alex Marvez reports that Redskins assistant DBs coach Aubrey Pleasant is leaving to join the Rams’ coaching staff.
- However, Master Tesfatsion reports that the Redskins still want to keep Pleasant and there’s currently no agreement in place with the Rams.
- Marvez also reports that Broncos assistant DBs coach Samson Brown is joining the Rams’ staff.
- The Ravens announced Thursday that they’ve hired Joe D’Alessandris as their offensive line coach.
Titans defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau confirmed he will return to the team for the 2017 season.