Home / Bears / NFL Notes: Kirk Cousins, Takk McKinley, Bears, Browns
NFL Notes: Kirk Cousins, Takk McKinley, Bears, Browns
- Josina Anderson reports that “at least four teams” have called the Redskins to inquire about QB Kirk Cousins.
- However, Redskins HC Jay Gruden said they didn’t “receive one call” about a trade for Cousins Thursday, according to John Keim.
- Meanwhile, Browns executive Sashi Brown said this was just “bad reporting.” (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Falcons first-round DE Takk McKinley said he has been rehabbing his shoulder from surgery and stopped using an arm sling two weeks earlier than expected. (SiriusXM NFL Radio)
- Bears first-round QB Mitch Trubisky said the team never contacted him to tell him they planned on drafting him at No. 2. (SiriusXM NFL Radio)
- Jeff Darlington reports that the Bears were “convinced” that the 49ers had two other trade offers for the No. 2 overall pick, resulting in Chicago feeling they had to “sweeten” the deal.
- Chicago traded the No. 3, No. 67, and No. 111 picks from this year’s draft and a 2018 third-round pick to the 49ers in exchange for No. 2 overall.
- Jason La Canfora hears that Tennessee QB Josh Dobbs is a day two prospect that HC Hue Jackson likes.
Tags Hue Jackson Josh Dobbs Kirk Cousins Mitch Trubisky Takk McKinley