Home 49ers NFL Notes: Kyle Fuller, Free Agency, Draft
- A source with knowledge of the situation tells Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk that the best offer Kyle Fuller received from the Bears would have paid him an average of $10 million per year.
- However, the offer sheet Fuller got from the Packers will pay him $14 million over the course of four years and includes an $18 million signing bonus.
- Fuller will make a $1 million base salary in 2018, $500,000 in per-game roster bonuses, and a $500,000 workout bonus for a total cash flow of $20 million in year one.
- In year two, Fuller’s cash flow will total $29 million and $42 million in year three. The contract tops out at $56 million in year four.
- Jason La Canfora reports that there is expected to be a hot market for former Dolphins C Mike Pouncey, who has several teams interested. La Canfora says that Pouncey did not request his release from Miami, but declined to take a 50 percent pay cut.
- Free agent S Eric Reid, who hasn’t had any reported interest up to this point, tweeted Thursday: “The notion that I can be a great signing for your team for cheap, not because of my skill set but because I’ve protested systemic oppression, is ludicrous. If you think is, then your mindset is part of the problem too.”
- Reid added: “GMs aren’t the hold up broski. It’s ownership. People who know football know who can play. People who know me, know my character.”
- According to Terez A. Paylor, three teams have expressed interest in former Chiefs CB Phillip Gaines and he could have a new home by next week.
- Michael Rothstein reports that teams are starting to inquire about former Lions DE/LB Brandon Copeland, who was not tendered earlier this week.
- Matt Miller mentions that there could be a hot market for the No. 4 overall pick if the Browns open the draft by taking a quarterback, which is widely expected.
- Aaron Wilson reports that Kansas State WR Byron Pringle has a visit scheduled with the 49ers.
- Titans HC Mike Vrabel worked out a couple of players on Friday including Houston LB Matt Adams. (Mark Berman)
- According to Mike Kaye, the Jaguars have a Top-30 pre-draft visit scheduled with San Jose State G Chris Gonzalez.
- Tony Pauline reports that UCLA OT Kolton Miller met with the Seahawks, Panthers and Falcons and will work out for the 49ers in the coming days. Miller also has an official visit scheduled with the Cowboys.
- According to Pauline, Grand Valley State WR Brandon Bean met with the Cowboys, Lions and Broncos at his Pro Day on Friday.
- Grand Valley State TE Nick Keizer met with the Colts and Chargers, per Pauline.
- Pauline adds that the Falcons had Dan Quinn, DC Marquand Manuel and GM Thomas Dimitroff on hand to work out Colorado DBs Isaiah Oliver and Afolabi Laguda.
- The Jets, Panthers, Eagles, Rams and Seahawks were on hand to Nevada OL Austin Corbett Friday, according to Pauline.