- Jason Cole of B/R reports that people close to Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan said he would be “very interested” in the Broncos head-coaching job if it were offered to him.
- Cole mentions that Shanahan is viewed as a “top candidate available” and already has lined up interviews with the Broncos, Jaguars, Rams, and 49ers this weekend.
- According to Jason Cole, coaches around the league have been “unimpressed” with how Bills’ ownership has handled business since firing former HC Rex Ryan.
- Cole mentions that coaches are questioning owners Terrence & Kim Pegula’s ability to run the team since they did not attend their two most recent press conferences, which put a tremendous amount of pressure on GM Doug Whaley and interim HC Anthony Lynn.
Packers TE Jared Cook expressed his interest in re-signing with Green Bay, while a league source expects him to receive an extension, according to Ryan Wood of USA Today.
“Because I love it here,” Cook said. “I haven’t had fun playing football in a long time, and being here, being around these guys and this locker room and part of this organization, has allowed me to enjoy and see and do things that I’ve never been able to do in my career thus far.”
Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said there was miscommunication between Seattle and WR Golden Tate prior to him signing with the Lions, which resulted in Tate never receiving their contract offer.
“There was a time when Golden didn’t know that we had made him an offer and he thought we didn’t, and that’s because it wasn’t communicated,” Carroll said, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. “I just felt bad about that. I don’t even know what the numbers were at the time, but that wasn’t the point. It was we were interested in bringing him back, and he didn’t get that sense from us. I was disappointed in that.”
- Texans CB Kevin Johnson recently underwent surgery on his foot and is expected to make a full recovery during the offseason. (Aaron Wilson)