- Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com mentions that Louisville QB Lamar Jackson has the same type of “dynamic speed” as Michael Vick had several years ago, but Vick was a polished passer than Jackson at this point in their careers.
- Jeremiah adds that Jackson has some mechanical improvements that need to be made before he’ll be capable of matching Vick’s professional success.
- One major concern with Jackson, according to Jeremiah, is his thin frame and how this could impact hi durability.
- Interestingly enough, Jeremiah wonders if a team like the Jaguars could make sense for Jackson next year, depending on how things go with Blake Bortles, as he could give them a dynamic running threat at quarterback to go along with their new rushing attack centered around Leonard Fournette.
Broncos HC Vance Joseph expects all of their players, not just the quarterbacks, to be learning the system while they’re away on summer break.
“As I’ve said to all the players, not just [the quarterbacks]: Learn the system. That’s the most important,” Joseph said, via Jeff Legwold. “I consistently say, ‘When you leave this office, you have to study.’ Everybody has talent; the key is learning [the plays] and knowing what to do. Everybody, including [the quarterbacks], has to put themselves in a position to come back here for camp ready to compete for a job.”
According to Legwold, Siemian plans to put in more time in the weight room to help him get back to 100 percent after an offseason shoulder surgery while Lynch plans to work on his footwork and throwing mechanics with CFL coach Charlie Taaffe.
“Competition is good for everybody,” Siemian said. “...We want to be back and forth. … We’re pushing each other.”
- Kevin Dillon of MassLive.com takes a look at some potential surprise cuts to watch for from the Patriots this summer.
- Dillon’s list includes TE James O’Shaughnessy, DE Kony Ealy, LB David Harris, DB Patrick Chung, DB Eric Rowe, DB Cyrus Jones, LB Shea McClellin, WR Danny Amendola, DE Rob Ninkovich and RB Dion Lewis.