- Mike Freeman continues to hear that some NFL teams consider Louisville QB Lamar Jackson a better prospect at receiver than at quarterback.
- There has been some talk this week about how Jackson would be wise to move to receiver. However, Daniel Jeremiah said Jackson should just tell teams: “If a team asks you to switch to WR, tell them ‘I look forward to playing against you.'”
- Tony Pauline of DraftAnalyst.com believes Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield will be “significantly overdrafted” this year.
- Pauline says he noticed “many” red flags on film regarding Mayfield including issues when he tries to be zip on the ball and receivers slowing down their routes to wait for the ball to arrive.
- Pauline adds that while Mayfield was a dynamic college quarterback, he wonders how many of his completions during college will end up turning into PBUs or INTs at the next level.
- According to Field Yates, Washington State QB Luke Falk will attend Utah State’s pro day on Wednesday, March 28.
Gregg Rosenthal of NFL.com writes that with this year’s free agent class short on quality options and a lot of cap space out there for teams to work with, it’s possible there could be a lot of trade action this offseason.
Rosenthal also offers some notable names worth keeping an eye on in the coming months who could be available for trade including:
- Bills QB Tyrod Taylor
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders
- Broncos QB Trevor Siemian
- Cardinals S Tyrann Mathieu
- Chiefs CB Marcus Peters
- Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry
- Eagles QB Nick Foles
- Eagles DE Vinny Curry
- Giants CB Eli Apple
- Redskins S Su’a Cravens
- Seahawks CB Richard Sherman
- Seahawks S Earl Thomas
- Steelers WR Martavis Bryant
- According to Adam Schefter, veteran K Nick Folk has been medically cleared after undergoing knee injury last season and has resumed kicking. Folk will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason.