Cardinals veteran WR Larry Fitzgerald isn’t sure if 2016 will be his final year in the NFL.
“Honestly, I have no idea,” Fitzgerald said, per Darren Urban. “I really don’t look at it like that.”
Bills GM Doug Whaley mentioned during an interview with WGR Sportsradio 550 Tuesday morning that they aren’t currently looking to add any free agents to their roster, even after the injuries to rookie OLB Shaq Lawson and WR Sammy Watkins.
“We always keep our options open. We never say never,” said Whaley, via BuffaloBills.com. “We haven’t reached out and contacted anybody right now. We’re looking at the development of the guys we have on the roster and some of the young guys. But we always keep our options open and our pro personnel department headed by Rob Hanrahan, those guys always keep me abreast of who is out there and we continually update what we call our short list.”
“We want to see what we have and the development of the guys on the roster in the OTAs,” Whaley said. “Guys like that we look at as consummate professionals. They’re always going to be in shape and if the time comes where we think the guys aren’t progressing like we need them to that’s when you look at a guy like Anquan Boldin or a Dwight Freeney, but right now we want to develop some young guys with an eye on the future saying those guys are out there if for needs sake we need to pick them up.”
- Broncos HC Gary Kubiak said that their quarterback competition is open and praised all of the team’s signal callers. (Troy Renck)
- Trevor Siemian worked with the first-team offense on Tuesday. (Troy Renck)
- Regarding Mark Sanchez (thumb), Kubiak said he should be close to a full-go next week. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- TE Virgil Green had finger surgery and will miss most of OTAs, according to Kubiak. (Mike Klis)
- Chiefs HC Andy Reid told reporters that Tyler Bray is currently the team’s No. 2 quarterback behind Alex Smith. (BJ Kissel)
- Reid mentioned that recently signed WR Mike Williams is dealing with a hamstring injury, which explains why he wasn’t participating in Tuesday’s OTA practice. (Herbie Teope)