“I had a chance to talk to LeSean a few week ago and he expressed to me that he didn’t think he was going back to Philly next season,” Tomlinson said. “He just didn’t think that Philly was committed to him.”
Tomlinson added that McCoy felt as though HC Chip Kelly phased him out of their offense last year.
“He actually thought that Chip kind of phased him out of the offense at times last year,” Tomlinson said of McCoy.
Tomlinson believes Kelly doesn’t like players that have a “strong personality” and wants “total control” of his team.
“I honestly think Chip doesn’t like the strong personality of certain guys in the locker room,” Tomlinson said. “If you think about what he has done over the time in Philly, he wants total control.”
Ian Rapoport reports that McCoy had told friends that he and Kelly didn’t always see eye-to-eye with practice methods and scheduling.
- Free agent DE Greg Hardy is scheduled to meet with NFL officials in New York on Wednesday regarding his domestic violence case, according to Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer.
- Person mentions that the Panthers “haven’t shown any interest” in re-signing Hardy.
- Ian Rapoport reports that one of the reasons why the Bills pulled the trigger on the LeSean McCoy trade was because knew C.J. Spiller wasn’t returning next year.
- The Colts announced that they’ve signed LS Matt Overton to a four-year contract extension.
- Geoff Mosher is hearing that talks between the Eagles and free agent OLB Brandon Graham aren’t progressing very well.
- Mosher expects Graham to test the open market baring a last ditch effort from the Eagles.
- Jason La Canfora wonders if the Jets could be a fit for recently released OLB Trent Cole, seeing as Todd Bowles coached him while in Philly, and they could use some help at outside linebacker.