Home / Lions / NFL Notes: Lions, Packers, Saints, & Vikings
NFL Notes: Lions, Packers, Saints, & Vikings
- Michael Rothstein wouldn’t be surprised to see the Lions take a wide receiver in round two, but seems to think they’re best served targeting a different position in the first round.
- In the event, Georgia RB Todd Gurley is available to the Lions at No. 23, Rothstein believes it would be an easy choice for Detroit.
- According to Rothstein, South Carolina G A.J. Cann, Hobart OL Ali Marpet or Duke OL Laken Tomlinson could make sense for the Lions in round two.
- Rob Demovsky mentions that LSU CB Jalen Collins could be an intriguing prospect for the Packers to consider given that he offers a lot of size to match up with opposing receivers.
- In fact, Demovsky isn’t sure that Green Bay could pass on Collins if he were to be available to them at the end of round one.
- Demovsky writes that there’s a good chance that Kevin Johnson and Bryon Jones will both be off the board by the time Green Bay is on the clock.
- According to Demovsky, the Packers may need to trade up in round two to get an impact player at inside linebacker.
- If the Packers were to target a position on the offensive side of the ball in round one, Demovsky lists receiver, offensive tackle, and tight end as three options.
- Mike Triplett of ESPN writes that he could see the Saints targeting six different positions at No. 13 including: OLB, DE, DT, CB, WR and G.
- On top of that, Triplett could see New Orleans adding ILB, OT and TE to those positions by the time they’re on the clock again at No. 31 overall.
- Triplett believes USC DL Leonard Williams and Florida OLB Dante Fowler Jr. are worthy of trading up for, but admits that asking price could be too high.
- One tams who could make sense for the Saints in a move-up scenario would be Clemson OLB Vic Beasley, according to Triplett.
- Triplett doesn’t rule out the possibility that the Saints could trade back if there are still a number of their targets on the board.
- Triplett considers Washington DT Danny Shelton to be a “definite possibility” for the Saints.
- Ben Goessling considers Clemson DE/OLB Vic Beasley to be a player worthy of consideration for the Vikings at No. 11 overall.
- Goessling writes that while RT Phil Loadholt‘s job doesn’t appear to be on the line this season, it’s not out of the question that the Vikings could consider moving on from him if he struggles.
Tags A.J. Cann Ali Marpet Bryon Jones Dante Fowler Jr Jalen Collins Kevin Johnson Laken Tomlinson Leonard Williams Phil Loadholt Todd Gurley Vic Beasley