Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports that the legal tampering window for NFL teams to meet with free agents will permit real negotiations, rather than exchanging just proposals.
According to Florio, it’s still unclear whether teams will be permitted to reach tentative deals and/or to disclose anything about them.
The NFL is reportedly reducing the window from three days to two this year.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the decision to keep Lions HC Jim Caldwell will ultimately be up to whoever is hired to be the next general manager for Detroit.
- Rapoport adds that GM candidates are already beginning the process of lining up their own head coach, which could be a bad sign for Caldwell’s future in Detroit.
- Adam Caplan reports that even if the Saints were to release CB Brandon Browner next year, his $2.75 million base salary is fully guaranteed.
- According to Caplan, Browner would earn $7.75 million for one year, which breaks down to a $3.9 million signing bonus, a $1.1 million base salary in 2015 and another $2.75 million salary in 2016.
- Adam Caplan points out that Seahawks veteran CB Cary Williams is once again a healthy inactive for Week 13’s game.
- Williams is being paid $7 million this season, which breaks down to a $3.5 million signing bonus and a $3.5 million base salary.
- Aaron Wilson reports that Texans G Brandon Brooks is dealing with stomach problems and was taken to the hospital for fluids.
- Tania Ganguli points out that Brooks missed a game last year due to problems from stomach ulcers.
- Albert Breer reports that Oday Aboushi likely to replace Brooks in the lineup.