The Los Angeles City Council have granted developer AEG another six months to lure an NFL team, according to the Associate Press.
This is an extension of AEG’s 2012 agreement to build a downtown stadium, which would have expired on Saturday had an extension not been granted.
AEG will now have until October of 2015 to finalize an agreement with a team willing to relocate to Los Angeles.
For what it’s worth, the Chargers, Raiders and Rams are the three teams most commonly discussed in regards to moving to L.A.
- ILB Patrick Willis is getting a second opinion from the same doctor who is treating A.J. Green for his sprained toe. (Pro Football Talk)
- It’s reportedly unlikely that Patrick Willis will be able to play against the 49ers in Week 7. (Pro Football Talk)
- Field Yates reports that the Bengals worked out a number of notable players on Tuesday including: LB Erin Henderson, S Chris Clemons, QB Terrelle Pryor, WR Da’Rick Rogers, S Shiloh Keo, and S M.D. Jennings.
- The Cowboys are reportedly expected to fine RB Joseph Randle between $10,000 and $30,000 for his recent arrest. (Pro Football Talk)
- LB Bruce Carter is hoping to return from his quad injury next week. (David Helman)