NFL Notes: Malcolm Butler, Contracts, Draft, Giants
- Jeff Howe points out that neither the Saints nor the Patriots believe the No. 11 overall pick would be included in a trade for restricted free agent CB Malcolm Butler if a deal is completed.
- Ben Volin of the Boston Globe writes that if the Patriots do end up trading Butler this offseason, it be another example of New England moving on from good players a year too soon, as opposed to a year too late.
- Even if the Patriots hold onto Butler, they could recoup a third-round compensatory pick in 2019.
- The Raiders signed TE Jared Cook to a two-year, $10.6 million contract with $5 million guaranteed. He’ll make base salaries of $2.5 million (2017) and $5 million (2018), which includes a $2.5 million roster bonus in 2017, $800,000 annual incentive and a $300,000 workout bonus. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Eagles signed QB Nick Foles to a five-year, $27.5 million contract that includes a $3 million signing bonus. He’ll make base salaries of $1 million (2017), $4 million (2018), $5.5 million (2019), $5.5 million (2020) and $5.5 million (2021). Foles has a $3 million roster bonus in 2018 that’s guaranteed, but the 2019-2021 years of his contract void if he’s on the Eagles’ roster as of the 23rd day of the 2019 league year. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Bears signed WR Kendall Wright to a one-year, $2 million that includes a $250,000 signing bonus, a $1.25 million base salary, $31,250 in per-game active roster bonuses and $2 million in incentives. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Colts signed LB Sean Spence to a one-year, $2.5 million contract that includes a $750,000 signing bonus. He’ll make a base salary of $1.25 million to go along with $31,250 per-game active roster bonuses and $500,000 in incentives. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Rams signed CB Kayvon Webster two-year, $7.75 million that includes $4.25 million guaranteed and a $1 million active roster bonus. He’ll make base salaries of $2.75 million (2017) and $3 million (2018) to go along with a $500,000 roster bonus in 2018. Webster’s deal includes annual $15,615 per-game active roster bonuses, $1.5 million in incentives and $2 million in escalators. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Seahawks signed TE Luke Willson a one-year, $1.8 million that includes an $800,000 signing bonus, a $1 million base salary and $1 million in incentives. (Aaron Wilson)
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Texans conducted a private workout with Villanova OT Brad Seaton on Friday.
- According to Wilson, Seaton also met with Vikings, Saints, Chiefs, Packers, Buccaneers, Eagles and Bears.
Tags Brad Seaton Jared Cook Johnathan Hankins Kayvon Webster Kendall Wright LeGarrette Blount Luke Willson Malcolm Butler Nick Foles Nick Mangold Ryan Clady Sean Spence