Home Bengals NFL Rumors: Malcolm Butler, Draft, Panthers, Ravens
- Michael Giardi reports that Patriots restricted free agent CB Malcolm Butler is “attacking his workouts” and plans on “proving” his worth this year.
- According to Giardi’s source, Butler has his head in the “right place” even if he has to play under tender.
- As of now, Giardi says that Butler still hasn’t gotten insurance.
- A source close to Butler tells Giardi that Butler is “not over” the Patriots’ decision to sign CB Stephon Gilmore deal or consider a possible trade for Seahawks CB Richard Sherman but knows he “can’t change it.”
- However, Jeff Howe reports that Butler hasn’t taken offense to the interest in Sherman and notes that Butler and Sherman are friends.
- Miami CB Corn Elder will visit with the Titans at some point in the near future. (Barry Jackson)
- McMurry DB Decorian Johnson has been invited to the Texans’ local prospect. (Aaron Wilson)
- La Tech WR Carlos Henderson worked out for the Vikings, Falcons and Buccaneers this week. (Gil Brandt)
- Kansas State LB Elijah Lee is visited with the Vikings on Wednesday and is scheduled to visit the 49ers Friday and then travel to meet with the Bengals later this month. (Herbie Teope)
- The Titans hosted San Diego CB Jamal Agnew for a pre-draft visit this week. (Paul Kuharsky)
- Florida WR Ahmad Fulwood will be attendance for the Buccaneers local predraft workout and the Jaguars’ a few days later. (Greg Auman)
- Jourdan Rodrigue reports that the Panthers brought in Stanford RB Christian McCaffrey for a pre-draft visit.
- Albert Breer reports that the Panthers have hosted Miami TE David Njoku, Alabama OL Cam Robinson, Nebraska TE Cethan Carter, and Temple OL Dion Dawkins for pre-draft visits.
- Jason La Canfora reports that the Ravens had a good meeting with free agent C Nick Mangold and are comfortable with his medicals.
- While there’s currently nothing imminent between Baltimore and Mangold, La Canfora says that it’s still possible a deal could emerge at some point.
- On Wednesday, Mangold left his visit with the Ravens without a contract. (NFLTR)