- Ben Volin of the Boston Globe mentions that the Malcolm Butler situation is likely “coming to a head” this week.
- Volin considers the draft to be the likely deadline for a potential trade involving the Saints, as New England would most likely prefer to keep Butler for the 2017 season if all they can get for him is 2018 picks.
- According to Volin, the Patriots could ask for either Saints’ No. 32 overall pick in return for Butler or a package of mid-round picks.
- Volin can’t see Butler getting a similar contract to the five-year, $65 million deal Stephon Gilmore signed with the Patriots.
- South Alabama RB Dami Ayoola took part in the Dolphins’ recent local prospect day. (NFL Draft Diamonds)
- Lamar OL Bret Treadway had a private workout with the 49ers their local pro day. (NFL Draft Diamonds)
- Shepherd DB Tre’ Sullivan worked out with the Bills and met with the Eagles, Cowboys, Dolphins, Titans, Falcons, Jaguars and Lions previously. (NFL Draft Diamonds)
- West Virginia Wesleyan DL Jihad Abdur Rahman is reportedly generating interest from the Colts.
- Richmond DB David Jones has pre-draft visits lined up with the Rams and Giants along with a private workout for the Chargers. (NFL Draft Diamonds)
“I’m excited for him,” McCourty told Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald. “I was hoping he would be out of Tennessee a couple years ago just to experience something different. I think obviously now everyone is saying ‘he’s going to come here, he should come here.’ But you never know. I hope we’re interested in him.”