- Mike Mayock doesn’t think the Scouting Combine can elevate or drop Oregon QB Marcus Mariota’s draft stock. (Bryan Fischer)
However, his agent, Hadley Engelhard, tells Ian Rapoport of NFL Network that his client has had “no setbacks” in his recovery and is hoping to back for at least a portion of OTAs.
- Mike Mayock sees Miami RB Duke Johnson or Nebraska RB Ameer Abdullah as second-round options for the Lions, should they release veteran RB Reggie Bush. (Bryan Fischer)
- Panthers promoted DBs coach Steve Wilks to assistant head coach. (Aaron Wilson)
- Aaron Schatz of ESPN (Insider) suggests signing WR Michael Crabtree as a “bold move” for the Panthers this offseason.
- Mike Triplett of ESPN believes it will cost the Saints close to $4 million per year to re-sign free agent RB Mark Ingram.
- Triplett adds that he’s “slightly” leaning towards predicting that the Saints will allow Ingram to leave in free agency.