An AFC scout tells CFB 24/7 that once teams begin to see some of the concerns with Oregon QB Marcus Mariota, he could fall on draft day.
“All these teams high in the draft are all going to see the same things on tape with Mariota, and I’ll bet he starts to fall on draft day,” the scout said. “Once that happens, (Philadelphia Eagles coach) Chip (Kelly) will mortgage the future to go get him. If he misses on him, (Kelly) can just bolt back to college.”
Duke WR Jamison Crowder was compared to Colts WR T.Y. Hilton by an NFC scout at the Senior Bowl this week.
“He’s T.Y. Hilton,” the scout said of Crowder. “He’s got that same explosiveness downfield as Hilton and is quick enough to get open on shorter stuff. Not every team is going to make room for a guy that small, but some of them will.”
- New Browns OC John DeFilippo said that: “We’re not sure if our starting quarterback is in the building or not,” via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
- Jason La Canfora believes Mike Nolan would be a “great fit” with the Cardinals, especially if they add Dick LeBeau.
- Cardinals DL Calais Campbell said that he will undergo surgery to repair a sports hernia the first week of February.“Easy recovery though but it definitely hurts playing through,” Campbell said, via ESPN.com. “But I figured if I could play through a playoff game I could play through the Pro Bowl.”
Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald writes that “difficult decisions” loom for the Dolphins this offseason.
According to Salguero, there are a number of players who could end up being cap casualties including:
- ILB Dannell Ellerbe
- LB Philip Wheeler
- DT Randy Starks
- CB Cortland Finnegan
- WR Brian Hartline
- WR Brandon Gibson
- OL Nate Garner
- OL Shelley Smith
- P Brandon Fields
- WR Mike Wallace
- Chris Russell reports that DL coach Jacob Burney will not be back with the Redskins next season.
- Dianna Marie Russini reports that Redskins DBs coach Raheem Morris is talking with other teams about potential opportunities.