An NFL personnel man tells Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports that Oregon QB Marcus Mariota could be in for an Aaron Rodgers-like fall in this year’s draft if isn’t selected in the first six picks.
“If [Mariota] doesn’t go in the top six picks, he could do an Aaron Rodgers,” he said. “…If he gets past the top six, it could be out of the top 10 to whatever point the Eagles trade up for him.”
- West Virginia WR Kevin White told SiriusXM NFL Radio that he has visits lined up with the Jets, Bears, Rams, and Giants. (Ross Tucker)
- UCF WR Breshad Perriman met with the Eagles, Raiders, Colts and Steelers this week. (Rand Getlin)
- Ohio State CB Doran Grant has visited with the Giants, Steelers, and Texans. (Aaron Wilson)
- Norfolk State DE/OLB Lynden Trail visited with the Vikings on Wednesday and will meet with the Dolphins today. (Aaron Wilson)
While many expect the Buccaneers to take FSU QB Jameis Winston with the No. 1 overall pick, a source tells Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports that the decision won’t be up to GM Jason Licht and HC Lovie Smith alone.
Instead, they will need the approval of ownership and Darcie Glazer Kassewitz (the daughter of late owner Malcolm Glazer and the co-president of the Glazer Family Foundation) could be someone who could influence their pick.
Robinson’s source mentioned that Kassewitz has raised some internal questions about the community relations impact of the pick.
- Aaron Wilson reports that Maryland WR Stefon Diggs will visit with the Dolphins.
- Aaron Wilson reports that Mississippi State LB Benardrick McKinney with visit with the Ravens.
- Albert Breer reports that the Redskins planned on bringing Oregon QB Marcus Mariota in for a visit, but they couldn’t work out a time, and the trip is now off.