Home / Bears / NFL Notes: Marcus Mariota, Draft, Cardinals, & Cowboys
NFL Notes: Marcus Mariota, Draft, Cardinals, & Cowboys
- Greg Auman reports that there is “strong” interest in USF CB Chris Dunkley, who is visiting with the Falcons on Tuesday and Dolphins on Thursday.
- Penn State OT Donovan Smith visited with the Eagles. (Aaron Wilson)
- Josh Weinfuss expects the Cardinals to keep an “ear to the ground” regarding Adrian Peterson, but he doesn’t think Arizona would mortgage their future for a single player.
- Instead, Weinfuss can see the Cardinals drafting Melvin Gordon or Todd Gurley at No. 24 overall.
- Weinfuss believes the Cardinals would take Nebraska DE/OLB Randy Gregory should he fall to them at No. 24, but admits that it’s an unlikely scenario.
- Weinfuss wouldn’t be surprised to see the Cardinals come away with a running back, outside linebacker or offensive lineman in round one.
- Todd Archer of ESPN mentions that he could see the Cowboys drafting a cornerback at No. 27 overall such as Connecticut’s Byron Jones.
- Archer expects CBs Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne to be on the roster in 2015. Although, he wouldn’t be surprised if Dallas came away with two cornerbacks in this year’s draft.
- Archer points out that the Cowboys appear to be targeting bigger running back such as Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, Jay Ajayi, T.J. Yeldon and Tevin Coleman.
- The only defensive lineman Archer can see the Cowboys trading up for would be Kentucky DE/OLB Bud Dupree, and he isn’t sure how far they would go to get him.
Tags Adrian Peterson Brandon Carr Bud Dupree Byron Jones Chris Dunkley Donovan Smith Jay Ajayi Marcus Mariota Melvin Gordon Morris Claiborne Randy Gregory T.J. Yeldon Tevin Coleman Todd Gurley