Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report reports that “more than a few teams” are not happy with Oregon QB Marcus Mariota’s comments about it not mattering if he’s the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.
Here’s what Mariota told Scott Smith of Buccaneers.com:
“You know, being the first pick, to me, it’s not a huge thing,” Mariota said. “You know, I’d love to play for the Bucs. But that being said, you know, I think if you find a team that wants you, that’s going to be the right team. I’m looking forward to kind of marketing myself and finding that team.”
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk points out that new Raiders RB Trent Richardon’s rookie contract includes no off-set language.
- This means he would recoup all of the $3.184 million from the Colts if he wins his grievance against the team.
- The Buccaneers announced Friday that they’ve signed P Andrew Wilder to a contract.
- Jean-Jacques Taylor mentions that he doesn’t expect to see free agent ILB Rolando McClain back with the Cowboys next season.
- Taylor refers to McClain as a “high maintenance player” with a lot of drama swirling around him.
- Todd Archer of ESPN Dallas wonders whether the Cowboys should address CB Orlando Scandrick given that he’s their best corner and will make a below-market salary of the next four years.
- Dolphins S Louis Delmas, who re-signed with the team on Friday, said that he’s ahead of schedule in his rehab from a torn ACL and expects to be ready for the start of the 2015 season. (James Walker)