Home / Bengals / NFL Notes: Marshawn Lynch, Bengals, Cardinals, Colts
NFL Notes: Marshawn Lynch, Bengals, Cardinals, Colts
- Adam Schefter reports that Raiders RB Marshawn Lynch’s appeal of his one-game suspension was heard by Appeals Officer James Thrash on Monday and the expectation is that a ruling could come tomorrow.
- Schefter confirms that Chiefs CB Marcus Peters spoke on behalf of Lynch during the appeal hearing.
- Interestingly enough, Schefter says that Lynch argued that 9 players, including Aaron Donald and Taylor Lewan last season, made contact with an official, but none were suspended.
- Cardinals HC Bruce Arians told reporters on Monday that QB Carson Palmer is getting a second opinion regarding his broken arm. (Mike Jurecki)
- Palmer believes he might be able to come back in 4-6 weeks but they have to see what the doctors with say. (Darren Urban)
- Arians did, however, say that they will hold a roster spot for Palmer if he’s placed on injured reserve. (Mike Jurecki)
- The Cardinals plan to add a quarterback to their practice squad in the coming days. (Mike Jurecki)
- According to Arians, they still have Haven’t made a decision regarding rookie RB T.J. Logan returning to the team. (Mike Jurecki)
- Ian Rapoport reports that the NFL will review the play in which Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict’s kicked a Steelers player for possible discipline, but he won’t be suspended for the incident.
- Bengals HC Marvin Lewis said he thought the incident was “overblown” but admitted that his players know they should not react to what other players are doing: “I think the player pushes Vontaze back after the play … the official is right there and warned (Nix) to not do that.” (Katherine Terrell)
Tags Carson Palmer Clayton Geathers Denzelle Good John Simon Marcus Peters Marshawn Lynch Marvin Lewis T.J. Logan Vontaze Burfict