Home Bengals NFL Notes: Marshawn Lynch, Bengals, Cardinals, Colts
- Adam Schefter reports that Raiders RB Marshawn Lynch’s appeal of his one-game suspension was heard by Appeals Officer James Thrash on Monday and the expectation is that a ruling could come tomorrow.
- Schefter confirms that Chiefs CB Marcus Peters spoke on behalf of Lynch during the appeal hearing.
- Interestingly enough, Schefter says that Lynch argued that 9 players, including Aaron Donald and Taylor Lewan last season, made contact with an official, but none were suspended.
- Cardinals HC Bruce Arians told reporters on Monday that QB Carson Palmer is getting a second opinion regarding his broken arm. (Mike Jurecki)
- Palmer believes he might be able to come back in 4-6 weeks but they have to see what the doctors with say. (Darren Urban)
- Arians did, however, say that they will hold a roster spot for Palmer if he’s placed on injured reserve. (Mike Jurecki)
- The Cardinals plan to add a quarterback to their practice squad in the coming days. (Mike Jurecki)
- According to Arians, they still have Haven’t made a decision regarding rookie RB T.J. Logan returning to the team. (Mike Jurecki)
- Ian Rapoport reports that the NFL will review the play in which Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict’s kicked a Steelers player for possible discipline, but he won’t be suspended for the incident.
- Bengals HC Marvin Lewis said he thought the incident was “overblown” but admitted that his players know they should not react to what other players are doing: “I think the player pushes Vontaze back after the play … the official is right there and warned (Nix) to not do that.” (Katherine Terrell)