- Jason Cole of B/R reports Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch has told two of his former teammates that he’s considering the possibility of returning to the NFL this season, despite the announcing his retirement several months ago.
- Even so, Lynch’s agent has said that Lynch will not play in the NFL this season.
- According to Cole, there’s some thinking around the league that the Seahawks would actually prefer to move on from Lynch and his $9 million salary.
- Darren Urban of AzCardinals.com writes that it’s tough see free agent Dwight Freeney re-signing with the Cardinals, due to their depth at edge rusher and the interest he has from other teams.
- Urban doesn’t completely rule out a return to Arizona, depending on what happens in training camp and the preseason, but that’s also assuming that Freeney is still available at that point.
Brian Costello reports there has been no movement between the Jets and veteran QB Ryan Fitzpatrick regarding a new contract. In fact, Costello says that the two sides haven’t had discussions for several weeks.
- Jets HC Todd Bowles told reporters on Wednesday that he’s “hopeful” they’ll re-sign Fitzpatrick by the start of training camp. (Rich Cimini)
- Even so, Bowles wasn’t willing to say he’s confident about a deal getting done with Fitzpatrick while adding: “Just tell me when it’s done.” (Rich Cimini)
- Jason Cole of B/R spoken with new Redskins CB Josh Norman on Wednesday who said that he plans to be more aggressive in 2016.
- Washington will allow him to be aggressive and freelance to some degree this year while also playing more man coverage.
- Cole points out that critics of Norman have said he may have a difficult time holding up in an aggressive man-to-man, as opposed to the zone scheme the Panthers run.