Home / Broncos / NFL Notes: Marshawn Lynch, Draft, Broncos, Texans
NFL Notes: Marshawn Lynch, Draft, Broncos, Texans
- A source tells Pro Football Talk that Raiders and RB Marshawn Lynch are “not even close to a deal yet.“
- According to Vic Tafur, there is “no urgency” on the part of the Raiders in regards to signing Lynch. Although, he’s still confident that a deal with Lynch gets done at some point.
- Tafur adds that there’s a “very good chance” the Raiders will sign Lynch for less money than Latavius Murray got from the Vikings.
- Tony Pauline reports that Texas A&M S Justin Evans is rising up draft boards and has a chance to slide into the very late part of Round 1.
- Pauline specifically mentions the Cowboys and Falcons as two teams to watch for Evans at the end of the first-round.
- Pauline also hears that Ohio State CB Gareon Conley is making his way up draft boards as well and has an upcoming visit lined up with the Jaguars. In fact, Pauline wouldn’t be surprised if Conley wound up being the first cornerback to be selected.
- According to Pauline, the Saints and Titans have both shown a good deal of interest in Conley.
- Alabama TE O.J. Howard has lined up a pre-draft visit with the Falcons. (Conor Orr)
- The Jets, Steelers, and Redskins are reportedly showing interest in St. Francis Xavier G Vernon Sainvil. (Aaron Wilson)
- Mike Klis of 9News writes that if the Broncos and VP John Elway really want to make a splash in this year’s draft, they should use their No. 20 overall pick on Stanford RB Christian McCaffrey.
- Beyond that, Klis suggests trading away their No. 51 pick (second round) and their No. 101 pick (third-round compensatory) to the Browns in exchange for Pro Bowl LT Joe Thomas.
- Klis stresses that he’s not reporting that this is being discussed by the Broncos right now, but believes this would generate the most excitement for the team.
- According to Aaron Wilson, the expectation is that the Texans will try to sign OLB Jadeveon Clowney to a mega deal in 2018 if he’s able to repeat his 2016 success this year.
- On Friday, Houston picked up Clowney’s fifth-year option. (NFLTR)
- Wilson mentions that Clowney’s option will run the Texans between $12 – $14 million, depending on whether he’s considered a defensive or an outside linebacker.
Tags Christian McCaffrey Gareon Conley Jadeveon Clowney Joe Thomas Justin Evans Marshawn Lynch O.J. Howard Vernon Sainvil