- Alabama LB Reuben Foster is expected to take a pre-draft visit and meet with the 49ers on Friday. (Adam Caplan)
- Air Force DE Ryan Watson has a private workout scheduled with the Falcons. (Aaron Wilson)
- Dave Birkett reports that the Lions dispatched one of their defensive line coaches to run Old Dominion DL Rashaad Coward’s workout on Friday.
- Arizona S Paul Magloire will take a pre-draft visit to meet with the Giants. (Jenna Laine)
- Villanova OT Brad Seaton worked out privately for Texans on Friday. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Chiefs, Jets, and Vikings are reportedly interested in Georgia Tech DT Patrick Gamble. (Aaron Wilson)
- Central Missouri QB Garrett Fugate is working out for the Chiefs. (Aaron Wilson)
Chargers GM Tom Telesco mentioned during an appearance on NFL Network that while they believe Philip Rivers has a “number of good years left in him,” they won’t rule out taking a young quarterback.
“We’re very happy with Philip Rivers, and I think he’s got a number of good years left in him,” Telesco said, via NFL.com. “We can win with Philip, and we’re happy with him. But since I’ve arrived here, we’ve always done a lot of work on the quarterbacks. You just have to.
“Even though we have our franchise quarterback, we always have to be looking toward the future. It’s work we’ve done every year. We’ll do work on all the quarterbacks. You never say never. You just never know in this business. You have to be prepared in this business, whether you’re picking at No. 7 or if we trade back, it’s just hard to tell right now. We will scout every position like we don’t have someone there, and we’ll make determinations draft day on what we end up doing. But right now we’re very happy with Philip. He’s the leader of this football team, and we feel like we can win with him.”
- Rich Cimini reports that the Jets offered LB Dont’a Hightower a five-year, $55 million with a max value of $62.5 million. However, the team had concerns about signing Hightower after his physical.
- According to Albert Breer, the Jets pulled their offer to Hightower after he a physical, so this was a moot point by the time Hightower accepted Patriots’ offer.