- Jason Cole of B/R reports that it’s unlikely to cost the Raiders much in terms of compensation to acquire RB Marshawn Lynch in a trade with the Seahawks.
- Cole mentions that Lynch could essentially force Seattle’s hand by unretiring, as he’s owed $5 million for the 2017 season and they have already signed Eddie Lacy to a contract.
- Jason Cole reports that Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes will visit with 19 teams before the NFL draft.
- According to Cole, most teams view Mahomes behind quarterbacks DeShaun Watson and Mitch Trubisky, but he admits that this is “hardly set in stone.“
An NFC executive tells Lance Zierlein of NFL.com that he doesn’t think LSU S Jamal Adams will end up going as high as many seem to think he will.
“I don’t think Jamal Adams is going to go as early as I see people mocking him,” the executive said. “He’s a good player but I don’t think he’s a game changer. If you are going to be a safety who goes inside the top five, you better make a ton of plays. Look where Landon Collins went. Adams isn’t better than Collins.”
- Florida State RB Dalvin Cook is visiting with the Bengals Thursday or Friday. (Joe Reedy)
- The Jets are hosting Ohio State S Malik Hooker and Missouri DE Charles Harris for pre-draft visits. (Ian Rapoport)
- Miami TE David Njoku has a pre-draft visit scheduled with the Browns for Thursday. (Barry Jackson)
- Pittsburgh QB Nathan Peterman visited with the Bills and had a private workout for the Eagles. (Adam Caplan)
- Virginia Tech QB Jerod Evans is visiting with the Cowboys on Friday and has already met with the Lions. (Sirius XM NFL Radio)
- Purdue G Jordan Roos has a pre-draft visit with the Chiefs earlier this week. (Terez A. Paylor)
- Florida International OT Dieugot Joseph visited with the Texans, worked out for the Dolphins and will meet with the Giants. (Aaron Wilson)